The Operation Guidelines on Consultative Panel for Government Open Data at the Second-Level Agencies of Executive Yuan
These guidelines is promulgated to function Consultative Panel for Government Open Data at second-level agencies of Executive Yuan and assist in individual bureau's implementation.
The Consultative Panel for Government Open Data of Execute Yuan and its subordinate second-level agencies; third- and fourth- level agencies may follow this guidelines to set up operation group if it's required.
- Mission, Membership and Terms of Office
The mission, membership, and terms of office of Consultative Panel are regulated by "The Guidelines for Establishment of Consultative Panel for Government Open Data."
- Convene meetings
- The meeting frequency is regulated by "The Guidelines for Establishment of Consultative Panel for Government Open Data."
- A meeting shall not begin until half of the members are present. The members shall attend meetings in person. However, if a member from the representatives of authorities cannot attend a meeting in person for any reason, he or she should appoint a representative to attend the meeting on his or her behalf. In case the convener cannot attend the meeting, he or she should appoint another member to attend the meeting on his or her behalf.
- Consultative Panel may invite related agencies to attend meetings when it's necessary.
(2) Meeting format
Agenda of meeting, draft of relative documents, and data inventory should be provided to the members and relevant attended persons at least 5 days before the meeting.
Meetings may be held in-person or as online conference.
(3) Meeting points
The statement of each member publicly with names should be recorded in the meeting points.
In order to facilitate transparent discussion, a verbatim record should be made by volunteered participant under the consent of Consultative Panel. Unless participants declare anonymous or invisible in advance, the statement of members publicly with names should be recorded. If necessary, convener may upload verbatim record on the website to facilitate co-editor with participated agencies or members.
- Meeting Agenda
In order to facilitate the government open data, agencies may select and carry out the following issues to be included in agenda.
- Formulating the annual strategy for open data of agencies and their affiliated agencies.
- Inspecting the annual performance indicators for adopting open data of agencies and their affiliated agencies.
- Promoting affiliated agencies in line with open data policy of the Executive Yuan.
- Assisting agencies with heavy workload in setting mechanisms of open data work group.
- Assisting agencies in improving the operation procedure and support administration through opened data application, therefore, to accelerate the quality of administration and effectiveness.
(2) Data Inventory
- Agencies should follow the procedure mentioned in "The Advanced Action Plan for Government Open Data" to inspect data inventory and data classification. Class A (open data) and Class B (restricted uses data) should be displayed on Government Open Data Platform. Class C (closed data), based on the confidential demand, may not be displayed on this Platform.
- Data with a certain establishing or acquitting cost and apply to be classified as Class A, should be submitted to, reviewed by, and approved by Consultative Panel for Government Open Data.
- Reviewing Class B data based on the reasons for the restrictions uses, charging standards, license, and substantive benefits created by authorized use.
- Reviewing Class C data based on the regulation or reason for its closing.
- According to the strategy objects and public demand of open data, Consultative Panel should assist agencies to set up the priority of data open.
(3) Communication and Promotion
- Assisting agencies in enhancing communication with data stakeholders, and discussing solutions for balancing the privacy protection and open application.
- Assisting agencies in strengthening connections and collaboration among government, thematic experts, and civil communities, to establish government-civil cooperation mechanisms.
- Assisting agencies to create benchmark cases of data application, also to share the cross-domain data integrating implementation and data mix-match pattern.
- Reviewing the response of civils’ feedback comment and confirm the appropriateness of the description along with the frequency of meeting.
(4) Quality of data
- Inspecting the results of self-evaluated data quality and assist agencies to set up the data quality enhancement mechanism and its schedule.
- Referring to relevant evaluation item and index of international organizations, the meeting can assist in improving the scope and quality of open data.
- Assisting agencies to set up standards and open API in the field of responsible duties, in order to facility widely data use.
6.Releasing Meeting Documents
(1) Within 10 working days after meeting, authority should provide meeting document and the draft minutes within to members and participants. Those information should be released on the Government Open Data Platform within 14 days after meeting for public review.
(2) Within the duration mentioned in paragraph (1), agencies should submit results of open data promotion to Consultative Panel for Government Open Data of Executive Yuan, and reviewed by National Development Council for future reference. If it’s necessary, Consultative Panel should ask relevant agencies to elaborate their results. The results may include meeting minutes, meeting materials, the annual gradually amendments to open data action strategy, data that costs for a certain amount of as Class A data, standard charges for Class B data, data application spotlight, data quality self-evaluation results, field data standards, common application interface, etc.